Africa Tour Registration
ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM BELOW:
REGISTRATION FORM AND FULL PAYMENT IS DUE BY: OCTOBER 25th, 2016
• One Week Package is from Jan 11 – 17th, Price: $1,500 US
• Two Week Package is from Jan 18 – 24th, Price: $2,850 US
• Three Week Package is from Jan 11 – 31st, Price: $3,500 US
* Cost includes drum bala & dance classes, food & lodging, and ground transportation. Price also includes the musical instruments (Djembe & Bala) that you will get to keep at the end of the workshop.
**Airfare is not included.
Payment is to be made by check or money order made out to “Salifou Kone,” and can be mailed to:
1040 River St. Apt. 215 Santa Cruz, CA 95060.
If you are paying a deposit: 50% is due by: 08/6/16. Remainder in full is due by: 10/25/16. You can also pay in FULL. Options are below in the registration form.
* Cancellation policy: You must cancel your reservation by 10/25/16 to receive a refund of your deposit.
Deposit refunds can be made before 10/25/16, but are subject to a $100 fee.
After your Registration has been accepted and Payment has been received. You will be contacted to arrange a short interview with Salifou in person or on the phone.
* Please make and arrangement to arrive to ouagadougou, between January 5th to January 8th, 2017, and make arrangement for your return after February 1st if you are staying for the whole 3 weeks!
* Additional information: If you wish to stay in Burkina Faso more longer after the workshop, please contact me to discuss that.
* Please also email me your flight information round trip, to be pick up in ouagadougou arrival, and trope off in ouagadougou departure.
Africa 2017 Drum and Dance Workshop Instructors List:
Drum and Bala Teachers:
– Dougoutigou Kone (Salifou’s Father)
– Salifou Kone
– Jeri Demebele
– Awa Coulibably
– Fanta Dembele
Song and Story:
– Dougoutigou Kone
– Salifou Kone
– Jeri Demebele
Essentials to bring:
– sleeping bag
– mosquito repellent
– bath towel
– personal toiletries (such as shampoo/conditioner)
– all needed medication
– clothes for warm weather that you don’t mind getting dirty
– light sweater/jacket for evenings
– audio recorder
Passport & Visa:
Americans, Canadian & German citizens will need a valid passport and visa for Burkina Faso. To obtain a visa you will need a valid passport, three photos, round-trip ticket and proof of yellow fever vaccination.
For more information contact your local embassy of Burkina Faso:
American Embassy of Burkina Faso
Health & Vaccination:
Visit the center for disease control (cdc) website at: www.cdc.gov/wafrica.htm For recommended health information precautions. malaria prevention medication is essential.
Food & Lodging:
The Kone family will provide home cooked meals and lodging from January 5th through the 31st at their family compounds in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. Please bring a sleeping bag, pillow, and any necessary prescription medications.
Travel & Logistics:
Airfare arrangements are the responsibility of each participant. Please make arrangements to arrive in Ouagadougou by 01/05/17 for pre-workshop orientation and instrument preparation. Workshops begin January 11th and end January 31st. Airlines that have service to Burkina Faso are:
Contact information- USA:
Salifou Kone: 1040 River st. Apt. 215 Santa Cruz, Ca 95060 (831) 706-1103, email@example.com Or Mandjou Kone at: 415-235-2006
Burkina Faso Contact information:
Address & Phone number where you can be reached in Burkina Faso in case of an emergency during your stay:
Centre National D’artisana D’art 01bp 544 Ouagadougou 01 Burkina Faso
Home: 011-226-50-41-13-95 (226 is the country code)
You are welcome to bring your cell phone with you as well. Sim cards for Burkina Faso will be able to be purchased during the trip.